Topics in Mathematical Statistics
Typical topics covered in a course :
- Bivariate distributions
- Combinatorics and basic set theory notation
- Discrete distributions and continuous distributions
- Conditional probability
- Confidence Intervals: definitions, duality with hypothesis tests
- Convergence of random variables: in probability, in distribution, almost sure
- Central Limit Theorem, Law of Large Numbers
- Estimation: bias, MSE, consistency, sufficiency, maximum likelihood, method of moments, MVUE,
- Hypothesis testing: significance level, power, Neyman-Pearson lemma, Likelihood ratio tests
- Probability definitions and properties
- Rao-Blackwell Theorem, Fisher Information
- Random variables, expectation, variance
- Univariate and bivariate transformations: Box Cox Transformation, Fisher Z transformation.
 Mathematical Statistics Topics. Retrieved May 7, 2022 from: https://stat.oregonstate.edu/content/mathematical-statistics-topics
Stephanie Glen. "Mathematical Statistics Definition" From StatisticsHowTo.com: Elementary Statistics for the rest of us! https://www.statisticshowto.com/mathematical-statistics-definition/
Need help with a homework or test question? With Chegg Study, you can get step-by-step solutions to your questions from an expert in the field. Your first 30 minutes with a Chegg tutor is free!
Comments? Need to post a correction? Please Contact Us.