This standard deviation calculator calculates the standard deviation and variance from a data set. In addition, you’ll also be able to see your answer step-by-step below.
- Standard Deviation:
- First, I summed all the numbers:
- I squared the sum, and divided the number of items in the data set
- I took my set of original numbers from step 1, squared them individually this time, and added them all up:
- I subtracted the amount in step 2 from the amount in step 3:
- I subtracted 1 from the number of items in my data set:
- I divided the number in step 4 by the number in step 5:
- Finally, I took the square root of the number from step 6 (called the Variance),
Like this standard deviation calculator? Share on Facebook with your friends by clicking the Like button at the top of the calculator.