This standard deviation calculator calculates the standard deviation and variance from a data set. This isn’t your ordinary variance and standard deviation calculator. Type in your numbers and you’ll be given: the variance, the standard deviation, plus you’ll also be able to see your answer step-by-step below.
- Standard Deviation:
- First, I added up all of the numbers:
- I squared the total, and then divided the number of items in the data set
- I took my set of original numbers from step 1, squared them individually this time, and added them all up:
- I subtracted the amount in step 2 from the amount in step 3:
- I subtracted 1 from the number of items in my data set:
- I divided the number in step 4 by the number in step 5:
- Finally, I took the square root of the number from step 6 (the Variance),
Like this variance and standard deviation calculator? Share on Facebook with your friends by clicking the Like button at the top of the calculator.
Questions? Post on our free statistics homework help forum. One of our mods will be happy to answer any statistics or probability problem.
Check out my YouTube channel for hundreds of statistics how to videos!